View Single Post
Old 05-26-2023, 01:40 PM   #105
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTS View Post
This was down during the work day, WORK does anybody do that anymore
As human nature goes , the more a person complains about something, the less cooperation they get in return. Happy Motoring
I've been so busy at WORK I didn't even know it was down. No reported posts coming across e-mail so out of sight out of mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6cyl View Post
How do y'all get away this political talk? I've got 2 strikes on this site for telling the truth.
You made me go look...

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Icon View Post
The site is down so often
that the moderators themselves can't even get on to moderate.
It's been a nice couple days off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
...The site does seem to be running faster perhaps...

I'm not interested in how the sausage is made. I think we're on a need-to-know basis and we don't need to know...lol.
Exactly... I haven't even asked the question but don't care as long as we're up now and I have my cup of Joe.

When I used to get on very early in the AM I remember there was a 5am scheduled maintenance routine that lasted about 5 minutes. Not sure it that still happens but dealing with spam and making upgrades on the back end have also taken it down a few times over the years. I can guarantee you the admin is actively working this site every day and he's a really good guy. Just not the chatty type and simply going to do what needs to be done without explanation unless one of the mods are curious and asks about it.

I'm not curious...

Most forums these days are owned by Internet Brands. This one has always been the largest privately owned forum out there. GM used to monitor this and a few others very closely and they flew a couple of us to Detroit to tour their Media center and check out those operations among other places. Some may remember them commenting in threads and trying to take care of customers with issues.

Thread moved to the proper section...