View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 03:08 PM   #120
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
What issues where you having? Sound like you must of gotten a lemon. Relitively speaking a GEN2 L has very few common, Lightning specific issues especially if at factory PSI's. (particularly the 01-04 trucks) Some are lemons like any other vehicle though. I had a buddy named Corey with a 00 Z71 with about 200K on it and it was a POS. His brother had the exact same truck except his was and extended cab/regular bed instead of a regular cab/long bed (both 00's, both pewter, both Silverado LS Z71's, both 5.3L trucks, both always on 32" BFG All-Terrains) and you couldn't kill Tylers truck with going on 250K miles.
1st one I had was a Canadian Delivery Vehicle that the guy brought to Florida when he retired. Because the Dash was Metric, the Dealer didn't know what to do ( this was a tiny town), so I got it a a great price. The Truck was perfect! Then I got an Offer from a friend that was a Car Dealer ( he searched and then brought back some pretty valuable Porsches) He had a Big Toter with a Trailer with Lift and was adding a Featherlite open trailer for shorter hauls. I got a low mileage special edition (Diamond Jubilee) Porsche 911 Cabriolet that was worth more than $10k the Truck, so we made the Trade.

Fast forward to about 5 years ago, looking for a Truck remembered how I liked that one. Found a low mileage one in Knoxville. Had a Ford Dealer do a PPI & a few things before I flew in. Should have walked away - 1st time I didn't listen to my own advice. Complete Lemon PoS! Like a totally different vehicle! Did a Crap of work in a year and then off loaded it.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote