View Single Post
Old 01-11-2022, 07:18 AM   #10
nighttowl
Sarcasm loading --------

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
from my own experience with the R7000 (which I ran for 3 years), a few of the software upgrades over the past year made the 5Ghz range unstable. It would all of a sudden stop, and the only way to get the 5Ghz back was to reboot the router. Both me and the wife work from home and was getting very frustrated as I was having to reboot 3-4 times a week. That doesn't go over well when you can't get onto meetings, or dropped from meetings.

I finally went back to several older versions to make it stable, but it left it open for several current/potential hacks.

That was the issue I was having. Support is pretty useless also.
this is generally the issue i am having, but its with both wifi ranges. it completely disconnects from my modem several times a day. I had it shut off at 9pm every day but adjusted the schedule - it still shuts off at 9pm, then reconnects 5-10 minutes later. its not my first netgear router that has had issues, but it is the worst and also the most expensive. I paid 180 for it a couple years ago.

2018 MBM ZL1 1LE - Stock
2014 CRT ZL1 574 rwhp, 537 rwtq - SOLD
2010 IBM SS Camaro VVT L99 w/ TR6060 swap, 489 rwhp, 444 rwtq - SOLD
nighttowl is offline   Reply With Quote