View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 12:37 PM   #5
volsfan0911

Drives: '10 GTI for now
When replacing Blowz anything in car stereo world, you typically have to go with both new amps and speakers since they use a proprietary amp and wiring scheme (non-standard resistance, etc.). There is a 3.25" twiddler as a center channel, 1" tweeter in each corner of the dash, 3.25" midrange in each door and a 10" mid/woofer as well. In back I believe it's a 8" sub in a 14 liter ported enclosure. Their "centerpoint processing" module lives in the back and I'd suspect it's a combo amp/EQ/processing box so take that into account. Also remember that the C7 has active noise cancellation so be ready to either deal with that or bypass it completely out of your audio customization plans. There will probably be an aftermarket integration harness which will allow replacement of amps and speakers with higher level equipment. As you've probably gathered, I abhor Blowz as marketing driven crap. They typically are very average to poor components resulting in poor value for the sound you get. I've read that some claim this is one of Blowz better efforts but I'll hold judgement until I hear it in person. $0.02
volsfan0911 is offline   Reply With Quote