View Single Post
Old 01-16-2024, 01:49 PM   #13
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBones81 View Post
Being qualified to chime in, here, since I have owned both a zl1 and a Tesla for the last 1.5 year -

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much of what you read online is overblown or intentionally made to sound worse than it is because of the anti-EV agenda.

We have had 1 single issue with ours since we've had it. One of the taillights got condensation inside. We contacted tesla thru the app, they were out the next day in our driveway replacing the light for free. That was it. Literally zero other maintainance on this car and we already have 20k miles. It is faster than the zl1 from a dig. I can't pass it until about 80mph or so. It drives very smooth - i'm not getting knocked around everytime I drive over a bump.

The zl1 looks way better. It obviously sounds way better (for those who appreciate that - I know many Tesla owners love the silence, but I want to hear performance cars). The Tesla is much easier to drive fast in real world situations. To me, it feels like the handling is comparable, but I've never had either car on a track or really tried to find the limits on public roads.

When we got the car, we spent $400 to install a wall charger in the garage. We charge it after midnight when rates are the lowest. However, my wife does get free charging at work, so that is a huge plus. We only spend about $100/mo of our own money to power this thing.

So, not to get defensive - I don't personally care if people drive ICE cars or EVs, but being objective, there is no way that one can say ICE cars are "better." Having driven one now for over a year, I actually prefer the way the Tesla drives. When you really get into that community (as annoying as many of the owners are, lol) you also see that most of these cars do not have major problems. Certainly not more than ICE cars do. I've already had the zl1 into the dealer 5 times in the last year - nothing major, but little things that required attention, and an oil change, and a differential fluid service.

EVs are great for some people. ICE cars make more sense for others. Let's stop the hate and just enjoy our cars. I was NEVER an EV fan, but when gas was at $7/gal and we were spending $440/mo on my wife's SUV, we made the switch, and it has been great. Be open minded and you may surprise yourself.
100%. I wasn't sold on EV's either until we bought our first Tesla. I'm not for the EV push to make everyone own one but I do both technologies can and should exist and give buyers a choice. For a daily driver that doesn't commute more than 100-150 miles round trip each day, it's REALLY hard to beat an EV. I can't speak for all EV's but Tesla is the gold standard and if you're going to own an EV, this should be the starting point for anyone. I could go on and on for a while about all the pros and very few cons but I understand the message board we're on and not everyone wants to hear it
Z OH 6 is online now   Reply With Quote