View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 06:58 AM   #3
Al

Drives: 2011 SS CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc2ss View Post
Hey everyone,

I have a 2010 2ss/rs which is about to face its first Canadian winter. So, I need to get winter rims and tires to handle the snow and ice.

My question is - I have done quite a bit of reading on this but haven't seen a straight answer on the topic. I want to drop to an 18" rim that will fit with no spacers, but is also reasonably inexpensive.

Could you please inform me of what wheels will work, front and rear, and where to get them? There is debate about the c6 Z06 front wheels but nothing concrete about fit given that they are (slightly) different bolt patterns. Other options will be appreciated too. I'm not very technically inclined so please be specific..

Please let me know!

Thanks
We are in the same boat.

Unfortunately I don't think anyone on this forum has an answer for the 18" solution. Eighty percent will tell you to buy a winter rat and the rest don't know what snow is. A few people have bought close-outs that are no longer available. I asked a few custom shops and they said they could build me a set for double the regular price. So it looks like if you have the luxury of sizing an eighteen at the place of sale, give it a try. Most likely I will go with the nineteen inch aftermarket alloys for this winter. I am REAL close to cutting off the brake pad weights and try an eighteen tho!

(Click above image to learn about UpstateC5)

Last edited by Al; 09-16-2010 at 07:09 AM.
Al is offline   Reply With Quote