View Single Post
Old 07-28-2022, 02:45 PM   #39
HartfordRacingCaptain

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS, 2023 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Hope this is true:

"Base WT (Work Trucks) and LT models will have 237 hp and 259 lb-ft of torque. A Plus version of this same engine with 310 hp and 390 lb-ft of torque will be standard in Z71 and Trail Boss models while available in the WT and LT trims. The enthusiast-oriented off-road ZR2 model returns and has 310 hp and 430 lb-ft of torque from a high-output version of the turbo-4, which will be available as an option on all trims with a confusing caveat: WT and LT buyers will have to option up to the Turbo Plus and then from there the High-Output engine when ordering their trucks."

I guess it's just the tune varying outputs. Global B is going to make it hard on the aftermarket so I guess buy the tune you want up front?
that definitely aligns with the engine chart on the media site (https://media.chevrolet.com/media/us...olorado.html):
it states that the high output engine has max towing of 7700lb, but despite not stating that it is available for Z71 and below in the Availability column, states that ZR2 can only tow 6600.

I wonder if it requires 4WD for WT and LT

HartfordRacingCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote