View Single Post
Old 12-03-2018, 12:26 PM   #1
2out2sea

Drives: 2018 hyper blue ZL1 1LE
Installing catch can questions

I have read multiple threads here regarding catch cans on the lt4. I have an ADD W1 that I would like to install. My experience with catch calls prior to the ZL1 was that it gets installed easily between the pcv and the intake. I am less certain on the ZL1 due to the presence of the clean side factory catch can and if I understand correctly, the pcv is under the supercharger and plumbs not into the intake, but directly into the supercharger.

I have an inlet and an outlet on my catch can. I assume that I take the super charger lid off to gain access. Then I plumb the catch can between the pcv and the return to the supercharger?

If I am correct, does anyone have pics of the pcv under the supercharger? I am doing this as preventative maintenance. It seems that ingestion and pooling of blow by oil is a problem for this motor.

Fwiw I got the ADD can because it was available with GM connectors so no cutting off factory tubing, it has a dip stick and I generally liked it's looks compared to others.

I am new here and just got my ZL1 1LE,. So please don't flame me too badly. Thanks
2out2sea is offline   Reply With Quote