View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 08:31 AM   #34
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crc91 View Post
Power at 5 lbs vs power at 8 lbs? Maybe a dyno chart comparing the before time and the Tampa tune?
Not yet, but hopefully in the next couple weeks. The 5 pounds was under the old calibration and we cant see what's been changed because we had to erase the ECM twice to make HP Tuners run on it. When we scanned it on the original arrival dyno run, HP Tuners scanner wasn't working and wouldn't scan. First we thought because we were locked out of the ECM it wouldn't scan the car properly. When we erased the ECM and it still wouldn't scan with HP Tuners, we scratched our head and plugged in the shop scan tool, and it scanned. Then we deleted 75 % of our primary display table parameters, and we scanned with HP Tuner reading the minimum. In hindsight, we didn't realize we were trying to scan to many parameters like we can with Cobalts and had we deleted tables from the arrival scan, we could have learned more about what the Camaro was doing before erasing the calibration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
I just want to know how what you are learning is going to apply/help those of us naturally aspirated folks when we get our tunes tweaked. ( be nice to the newby)

Like we teach at The Tuning School, Learn on a hard build, and the bolt ons vehicle will be easier. It different from the V8 models we learned on. Its a load based calibration with Power Enrichment Lamba based on the driver demand torque %. So we based the calibration on Air load % and calculated load %. The reason we stopped after the first couple hours was we kept getting knock on only the number 2 cylinder. First we wanted to determine if we could over come it, then we changed the spark plugs because they were over gapped, but still had the issue. The knock was inconsistent, and when we ran out of time we were determining if it was true knock or picking up false knock off the dyno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
Question #3.
Will you be able to offer any manner of remote tune such as a handheld tuner?

Thanks!
I dont see that happening. I only provide mail order calibration with vehicles with similar set ups. Since we had to re-map tables that can put the vehicle in reduced power mode, I can only seeing providing this service real time

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
Do you have access to the injection timing tables yet?

What is your highest MAF g/sec reading? So far I've seen it max out at 655.35 g/sec at 12 psi of boost.

I'm curious to see how fast you ramp up the fuel pressure at low RPM to deal with the boost. I can supply plenty of fuel at 12 PSI but only in 3rd gear due to how fast 2nd gear goes.
I scanned Injector Pulse width in MSEC. Yes I do have access to injector timing high/low threshold and Homogenous knock intake based on load

We were out to 9208 HZs on the MAF @ 6700 RPMs with under 300 G/S.

I haven't seen an issue with supplying fuel yet.
Since the area you maybe having a problem with is the fuel pressure ramp limit relative to fuel percent, maybe you can try multiplying to apply a change to the 1400-1800 RPM area to determine if that's hopefully with fuelling. I don't know that yet

I hope that helps,
Phil
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote