View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 10:38 AM   #5
RupertPupkin

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty9fordkiller View Post
without knowing the setup, running out of gas or weak valve springs would be my guess

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
14SS 1LE 2SS/RS/Recaros|Tick Polluter Stg-3|E85
LS7 Lifters|BTR Springs|Speed Engineering LTs|Muffler Mod|ECS 1500|DSX Aux Pump|DSX Flex Fuel Sensor|FIC 127#|ATI Balancer|DashLogic| McLeod RXT|BMR 1.4 Springs|MightyMouse Wild|AEM WideBand|AEM BoostGauge|ZL1Addons Splitter|VA Sideskirts|POWER : 737whp/635trq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risingson05 View Post
If you have a scanner , you can run a data log and see what cylinder is. Miss firing up there . I ran into this on my truck after installing my ported heads .
Ended up being a coil pack . Easy test for the coil pack is move it from one cylinder to the other and see if that cylinder misfires if so there’s your answer..

It didn’t end there tho , I have hpt so my scanner showed me what cylinder but my injector duty cycle was at 114% at wot fuel pump was also on its way out . I was running meth at the time and so the afr wasn’t showing I was leaning out too much .. had to disconnect the meth so I could see what was really going on ..

Had to upgrade my injectors and replace my fuel pump . Retune and everything is running fine now ..

Also it could be a ground but that would show up in the scanner , like you Tb closing early at wot

Ground , spark , or fuel .. cane be tune cause you stated your car was running fine ..
could be easy as cloggged injector or bad coil pack .

Everything on my setup was brand new. Unfortunately I have no way of logging. I am bringing it to a new tuner this Monday, so hopefully he can figure out what’s up with all my issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver14 View Post
Logs would be great to see.

How old is the fuel? Bad coil/plug/wire?
Plugs are new. Coils are stock, and wires are new.
730whp: 630Trq
RupertPupkin is offline   Reply With Quote