View Single Post
Old 07-09-2020, 05:03 PM   #1
Covid Camaro

Drives: 2016 Camaro V6 M6
Camaro Owner - Finally!!!

I bought my first Camaro in March right before the dealerships all closed down. My daughter-in-law is a nurse at the local hospital dealing with a lot of Covid patients. She nicknamed it Covid Camaro. I don't really like it but the name stuck.

My parents bought a new Camaro in 1968 when I was 17. It was rally green with black vinyl top and had a 327 2 barrel with Powerglide. It was not a mover, but I loved that car. So did my girlfriend (now wife). I have wanted one ever since - especially a Gen1.

Three years ago I rented a Camaro while travelling and absolutely loved driving it. Even though my heart was still telling me to buy a Gen1, my head told me that this was a much better car. I started researching Gen6 options and then shopping on Car Gurus and Autotrader to find a Gen6 that had what I wanted and would fit my budget. I found it in March and grabbed it.

BTW I tracked down my parent's '68 and it is owned by a guy in Ohio who restores classics. He is planning to do a nice restomod. Here is how I found him. After my dad died I was going through some of his files and found
some paperwork for the '68, including the VIN. I used that to locate the owner and took the paperwork to him. We still stay in touch.

Anyway - it's great to drive a Camaro again and I enjoy the forum.
Sorry if I am a little wordy - old guys have stories to tell!
Covid Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote