View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 05:01 PM   #1
ac223mal

Drives: car
Noweeds vs Shorties and/or High Flow Cats/Mid-pipes

Ive been researching this and am starting to go crazy.

My goal is to improve the sound of the car while hopefully helping performance without a tune. I have the fuse pull done & would like to keep the NPP exhaust. I am hoping to road course the car in the future, but the course here is set up in a parking lot with cones, and I haven't found free time to even watch it yet.

I was originally going to install noweeds, but I didn't like drilling a hole into the car and it seemed that there were issues with the diverters hitting a brace underneath (if anyone can advise, I only saw one thread addressing this issue).

By researching the noweeds, it seemed that the recommendation was to get HF cats instead. I liked this idea, because it seemed it was a simple bolt on. But then there is the issue with the HF cats failing (Z06Bryan had good results with his, but this was attributed to his tune). The JBA mid pipes seem to fail and I know Stephen12ZL1 had issues with his. Dynatech seems like they would be a good brand, but I can't find a mid-pipe with HF cats for the ZL1? I don't trust the shops down here to be able to fabricate what I need.

Shorty headers? I know they performance gains aren't high, but they keep me from having to tune. I would go ARH, but without a HF cat mid-pipe they wouldn't be very efficient.

So any help that could keep me from going crazy would help, especially if someone can point me in the direction of a reliable Mid-Pipe HF Cat that can withstand FI application.
ac223mal is offline   Reply With Quote