View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 11:06 PM   #405
Quinten_33

Drives: Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
The problem with the Corvette is it seems 90% of them are driven 10 under the speed limit by old men. I know with ours people gave me a second look being under 50. It’s a shame. True enthusiasts will still want one, but too often I see men in their 60’s and 70’s in one. Maybe it’s a northeast & Florida phenomenon, the two areas I have the most time in. I don’t recall many Corvettes when living in Texas in the 90’s.
I live in Northeast Florida and 95% of Corvette owners I have ever seen down here have gray hair. There’s the occasional successful millennial rocking the $100,000 Z07 convertible, or the Camaro owners trading up to Stingray 1LTs. It’s mostly because the Corvette is the American’s dream car, but it costs far more than the average working parent can afford. By the time most people can afford to buy a new Corvette, they’re already in their 60’s. Those who buy their first Corvette in their 30’s will likely buy Corvettes for the rest of their life, which is a common story among members of Corvette clubs and forums. The funny thing is, the average age of Ferrari and Lamborghini owners isn’t far off from the average age of Corvette owners. Older folk tend to have more money to spend, and that shows in consumer demographics.
Quinten_33 is offline   Reply With Quote