View Single Post
Old 02-13-2007, 12:30 PM   #28
Zyreal
Long Arm

Drives: Dodge Neon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyNut View Post
Do you get more leway on little bs tickets since your a police officer?
You don't get them. Professional courtesy.

1. If its your own department, then it would be your coworker writing you a ticket.

2. If it's another department, then the won't, as not to damage interdepartmental relations.

So no, you don't get them.

And you're family gets some slack too.

/And as a side note, I don't do traffic. Thats motor's job. We don't have quota's on tickets, and we aren't really even expected to write any. My department, responding to calls and arrests are the ones you look at.

Yeah, I'll pull people over, if for some reason I want to look in their car or at who is in it(provided I have PC of course).

But ninety-nine times out of a hundred, I won't write a ticket.

The exceptions:

1. I'm already over the speed-limit, and someone blows by me...Have some common sense people, don't pass a cop when he is already over the speed limit.
2. They do something seriously reckless. Like blowing a light when the intersection is currerently busy. (rarely happens, I'm graveyard, and I don't care if you blow a light on an intersection that you stop at, see there are no cars for miles, and go through.)
3. Or is going 100 or more.
4. They are a total asshole to me when I was only gonna give them a warning.
5. A hot-chick and that does any of the cliche things to try and get out of a ticket, cry, flirt, unbutton their blouse(Seen it happen more than once) whatever. ( Side note, any time a girl tries to use anything sexual, I leave the area, go to my car and wait for back-up, no use risking a pissed off girl saying you sexually assaulted her )
6. They blow anything over .04. If you've had ANYTHING to drink, even if you know you're under the limit, you should know to be on your best driving behavior.

And probably some more, just can't think of them right now...need sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I'd love to get in a chase in my SS.
Mmmm, Camaro 5 Saleen 600 Extreme Supercharged interceptor..... I'd buy one for my department myself if they'd let it be "my" car.
Zyreal is offline   Reply With Quote