View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 10:46 PM   #1
MartinLe

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 M6
WILL 14% LOWER PULLEY CAUSE HEATING PROBLEMS?

I just purchased the mods outlined below:

Texas Speed 2" long tube headers & X pipe (cat delete)
Roto-Fab Big Gulp cold air intake
Nick Williams 103MM throttle body
ATI balancer and 14% overdrive pulley ring
Gates green belt
Jokerz "Full Tilt" ported supercharger
NGK LTRIX7 plugs
Cordes Expansion Tank
Elite E2-X Catch Can

I just watched Andrew of CSP do that Friday night Q&A. He mentioned - more than once - that he didn't like increasing the boost on the stock blower because of cooling issues. I see that many of you are running overdrive pulleys on your cars. Do you think I will have problems with the 14% pulley?
I will have to have a remote tune and after hearing him talk, my head is spinning about that. If I understood him correctly, there are quite a few adjustments that just can't be done without a dyno. But he also said that if the average Joe wasn't so stupid (his word, not mine),he would do remotes. I am confused. Would someone please educate me!

Also, I won't be able to connect the downstream o2 sensor. Could that be a problem? It must have some use. Andrew also talked about editing out safeguards being a very slippery slope. I think he called it "desensitizing" some of the data in the tables.

This is for you that have installed the 2" TSP headers. Are they a fairly easy install or will I have to take apart half the car? And what about fitment?

I would really appreciate it if I could get some direction from you guys that have already worked through some of these worries and issues. I don't want to install these mods and then be afraid to use them.

I thank you all in advance for your help.
MartinLe is offline   Reply With Quote