View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 02:45 PM   #19
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
Again, I'm not here to argue guys. I simply enjoy the discussion.
I'm not bashing the platform's life cycle. For what Dodge has to work with (financially), they've done a good job. New engines, trim levels, wide-bodies, etc.. They've wrung the Hell out of this platform, but to say that they have the finances to design and develop a new car, but they choose not to...eh, I'm not buying it. Believe me, if they had the option, they would've put out a lighter, more nimble vehicle years ago with just as much, if not more horsepower. Easily, the biggest gripe on the Challenger, is the weight. Dodge has attempted to shave a few pounds here and there, but you have to work with what you are given. There's only so much you can do with a ~4,450 lb. car.

IMHO, there has been a car war going on for quite some time. Chevy, Ford and Dodge haven't been pushing each other to put out the nastiest pony car on the planet? ZL1 1LE, GT500, Hellcat, Demon???

I agree, their marketing department is terrific.
I agree it's fun to just discuss.

IMHO (and I am of course bias) none of those, especially for the money, are as good of a car for what I was looking for. Brutal performance, comfort, etc.

Then you get into "the mods" and while it's for sure a heavy pig, with the exception of the diff the car is better equipped, and much cheaper, to mod. The redeye version getting the Demons trans (which is good to "they say" around 1200) out of the box, axles, fuel system, etc if I want sink just a few thousand I could get 1000 fairly easy.

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote