View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 01:37 PM   #17
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket403 View Post
I have no interest in Dodge making anything smaller and I would think that the appeal of the Challenger and Charger is the size, among the Dodge guys there is a very small number that want the Challenger smaller. There is a number of comments about reducing weight with new tech but with the Challenger and Charger selling as well as they do why change what is working. There is many on this forum that comment on the Challenger and list the main gripe being the weight as a draw back, but when I have my Cutlass parked next to the Challenger it is about the same length. Truth is that the Challenger is what I would have called a mid size car back in the 80's and that is what I am looking for. Today with the new safety requirements plus other factors to make a mid size car like Cutlass I'm sure it would be 4500lbs that is just the reality now.
I want comfort in my ride I can't climb into a car that is hard to get into and out of, I am not able to handle a jarring ride. With someone that has a fused spine I would not be able to ride in a Camaro for more than 30 min and then suffer with the result.
After reading your health situation, I see what you are saying. You enjoy a larger car that is more comfortable.

When I say, "smaller", I suppose I'm talking more about the vehicle's weight. Sure, the exterior dimensions would have to shrink slightly, but I'm not talking about making a car the size of a Dodge Omni. I would actually like to see a new 'Cuda that would be in the neighborhood of ~3,800 lbs. Considering the Challenger is strictly focused on the 1/4 mile, a slightly smaller and lighter platform would only improve it's performance stats.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote