Thread: Knock Knock.
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 12:51 PM   #1
Its_Lorelei

Drives: Some beater
Knock Knock.

Hi there! Name's Lorelei. I'm 30.

From 2000-2013 My dad always had a Camaro in the house. He started with a 2000 Camaro SS convertible. Managed to get a 12.9 out of it. not terrible but not great either. Sold that and bought a Butternut Yellow 67 RS. that was a neat car but never could get it to work correctly. When we tired of that he changed it up to a 86 Iroc-Z and put a supercharger kit on it (I think it was a Procharger, forgot the exact details)

Anyway, here I am. I've had a long list of vehicles. Never totaled one. I used to get tired of driving something that wasn't the latest and greatest and life has a habit of hitting you pretty hard when you try to keep up with the Joneses. I learned how to drive on a 1992 Accord LX, with those crazy early 90s Blue vinyl seats and whatnot. I won't list all of them but my favorites were my Challenger Scat pack (6.4L, 6MT). Something about rowing a boat... The next one was my FRS. I had a built motor, 1.46L Twin-screw supercharger, E85 flex tuned and a few other goodies, so you know modifying cars isn't new to me. I managed to get into the mid 12s on the second pass, not bad for stock tire. probably coulda been an 11s car with a good set of tires and a proper clutch. The Challenger was the faster car but only because it had considerably more top end.

So now i'm here looking to do some research- I'm mostly looking into a 1LS. I'd prefer black. Right now i'm driving a beater, but at least the heat works and its reliable.

How are the manual transmissions on the 4cyls? I'm no stranger to manual transmissions as far as driving a car with one, Just curious what you all think.
Its_Lorelei is offline   Reply With Quote