Thread: Import or not?
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2006, 03:04 PM   #5
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
When the Camaro was reintroduced to the public last January I could not believe my eyes. I was speechless, dumbfounded, my eyes just glazed over and I started drooling. I have never wanted a vehicle so badly. Then the day came when they announced the “American Legend” would be built and it is going to built in Canada. WHA WHA WHAT! How in the hell can an “American Legend” be built in another country? My heart was ripped in two. Oh yeah, I have seem to have forgotten about the whole Globalization BS that has been going on for the past few years, my bad… I’m over it now, after many moths of counseling.

Here is a statement that makes me laugh, NASCAR fans screaming about NASCAR allowing Toyota into the Nextel Cup ”How could they let a import into a domestic sport”. Meanwhile the only car that is actually made in the US is the Toyota.

As for the term “Made in America” that could include any country from South to North America. Soon there is going to be “Made by the World” tags on everything… A little from here a little from there, blah blah blah.

As for my thoughts on the new Camaro being an import, no. Most likely more than half of the parts are going to be made in the U.S., ie engine/tranny ect. and that’s good enough for me. Furthermore, with all the Globalization that’s taking place don’t be surprised if most if not all domestics are made everywhere but the U.S. in the near future…
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote