View Single Post
Old 08-19-2021, 02:37 PM   #8
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beescuz View Post
The replacement cost was the main issue. Also the Girodisc are as good and last longer. Girodisc with Raybestos brake pads for your car runs around $2800. Double that for CC.
ok, good info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katech_Zach View Post

Anderson Composite's Sema car had them. As far as I know, the offset is really close, i think a shim is needed between the knuckle and the caliper mounts to get the right spacing to the rotor (or it may be the opposite and it needs to come closer, i know it is a 10mm difference though).

Not sure what you'd do with the parking brake, since the Z28 is a manual brake and the ZL1 1LE is electronic
I dont think that matters, the "parking brake" is internal. But I do believe the rear CC brakes are larger and you have to get the rear calipers as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbourbs View Post
Carbon Ceramics won't last as long as the steel brakes. The only advantage is weight. I track with allot of Porsche guys and that's their experience. A good compromise might be the girodisk brakes. Some weight savings but just as good braking power and far less than carbon ceramics.

I stay with the stock brakes.
This is what I was wondering. If they lasted longer and lighter, it would be great. but 63lbs is not worth it to spend $6k every 3rd or 4th year only for weight savings.