View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 12:55 PM   #13
hiddenangels89

Drives: 2012 SS Camaro L99
a few things.

From what i've read, the people that published this time are notorious for skewing numbers (they use math equations to come up with the times based off older models and other track ratios for the Z06).

Also from what I understand, Ford doesn't publish Ring times, so most of these numbers are going to be 'just' to beat the z/28's times

Another thing, It wouldn't quite make sense for Ford to come out with a mustang that is track ready and not beat the z/28's time considering the later release date.

even though these two represent the same category, the 350r is a little more extreme than the z/28, for starters, z/28 has the back seats, gt350r does not - if we didn't want to waste our time with back seats, a corvette would definitely be more optimal.

as for the 'rain' time, yes, we all know it was raining, however GM had plenty of time to come up with a better time for release if they could have. i've read articles where they claim they have about 6 seconds of time to be shaved off of the z/28's lap time, however, without video and without them releasing that as a new official time, i don't see a reason to believe it. Think about it, if you wanted to show boat your new track performance time, are you going to give your 2nd best time, or the absolute best time you guys have been able to achieve. Last, the weather on the Ring from what i've read (i say this a lot), is hardly ever 100% shine.

just my 2 cents
hiddenangels89 is offline   Reply With Quote