View Single Post
Old 02-23-2024, 12:46 AM   #24
cmitchell17

Drives: 17 2SS, 8L90, Cam, Heads, E85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuberman717 View Post
Dropped them an email 2 days back but no response received yet. Tuner says it would work but again he is suggesting better to go with custom cam motion 219/233 LSA118 im just to worried that drivability will be impacted and again i would start paying for replacement cam. Im really hating the drivability with BTR v225. Anyways Im trying my best not to mess with heads and whats in there thats why trying to keep everything the same and just swap the cam.

Thanks for the help tho much appreciated
When you are talking about drivability? Are you talking about jerkiness and a feeling like you press the gas pedal down more and you don't get any increase, so you go just a little more and nothing then a little more, then all of the sudden it speeds up really fast so then you have to let off and then it slows down too much?

Or are we talking about more of a random misfire and shaky feeling from the cam?

My cam motion cam with 4 degrees of overlap will have normal combustion, meaning smooth engine operation about 900-950 rpms, once you go below that you start getting inconsistent combustion.

I think these cars have major calibration/drivability issues from the factory. A lot of people claim to fix it mechanically with throttle body modifications. Or with HP Tuners but I don't think they are getting anywhere that would solve my concerns. I see someone made a new tool I want to try out that attempts to calculate out a linear driver demand torque table for HP Tuners. If you air model is not correct in your calibration/tune from your tuner you are always going to have drivability issues with a cam.

I think a lot of people have a lot of different opinions on what drivability actually could me to each person.
cmitchell17 is offline   Reply With Quote