View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 07:46 AM   #51
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
"Cadillac’s powerful 3.0L Twin Turbo V-6 is available on Premium Luxury and Sport models."

I don't know why they wouldn't announce what other models the CT5 will have other than these, or that more powerful engines will be available....

This Lo-Po TT V-6 looks like the top dog for the CT5....Not very much to get excited about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Because you announce the special models once the initial sales boost from the brand new model wears off. Its how every performance model that I'm aware of (from any brand) goes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
That doesn't seem to apply to the Cadillac, though....Look at the graph showing the progression of the line and the segment (BMW) it is supposed to compete with....The CT6 would be the candidate to have the more powerful V-6 and the V-8....If the CT5 were the only body style or size of Cadillac in a segment, like a Camaro, I would agree with you.
DGthe3 is spot on here. When vehicle programs introduce a new product or major upgrade, they are typically rolled out over an 18 - 24 month period. Companies tend to not talk about what else is coming because it makes customers wait for the “what’s next” instead of buying the first models released. Look at the new BMW 3-Series as an example. The only models they talk about are the 330i and the M340i. Likewise the 4-Series only talks about the 430i and the 440i. If you don’t think there’s an M3 and an M4 coming, you haven’t been paying attention. Yet BMW will not talk about them at all while launching the four trims I mentioned.

Same thing is gonna happen with C8. Base and mid level trims will be announced on July 18th. A Grand Sport, Z06, or ZR1 will more than likely not be mentioned at all.

As for output, CT6 already has a higher output 3.0TT than the CT5.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote