View Single Post
Old 07-28-2022, 02:33 PM   #1
Rainfarer

Drives: Camaro RS 2016
Hi from Kyiv, Ukraine

Hi, everyone

My name's Vladimir, and this white beauty is Fury (3.6L 2016 RS). Since I was a kid I've always wanted a black 1970 Dodge Challenger that I would buy from some old man and rebuild with my own hands. Since there's a pretty dumb law in my country that prohibits importing of any car older than ~20 years or so I had to postpone this dream untill better times.

This January I though to myself that I'm 38 and while I'm working towards my dream scenario I can buy myself something modern and decided to testrun a 2020 Challenger. Though I liked the car visually it didn't feel comfortable or "mine" in the driver's seat. I was thinking of trying a Mustang, but one day I stumbled upon a Camaro ~5 min from my home and with "Ah, what the hell" attitude I've called the guy and arranged a meeting. And then it was like the moment in King's Christine - the car spoke to me the second I saw her and when I landed in the driver's seat she just would not let me go. I'm somewhat of a tall guy (192cm), but the car fitted like a glove. I've never felt myself this comfortable and calm behind any wheel of any car untill this moment. Next day I signed a deal and she was mine. I did the custom switchable exhaust, replaced ATF fluid to get rid of the shudder, replaced front calipers with the ones from SS, did a complete soundproofing and many more small improvements and on a cool evening of February 23rd I got her to the guys to tune the exhaust a little bit and left her there. The guys lifted her up and told me that all will be done in 2 days...

...and on February 24th the hell broke loose. Next thing I knew I was evacuating my family out of Kyiv, evacuating my studio, doing all kinds of war related stuff and basically survivng. I could not reach Fury since the garage these guys operate in was in a complex next to a military buildings so it was out of reach. For 1,5 months all I could do is open a security app on my phone and check on her battery life remotely. When the guys returned to Kyiv and I was finally let in the garage to get her it was literally one of the happiest moments in my entire life. Since then we're back together and she's one of the few things keeping me sane these days.

And now I'm happy to be here as a part of this cool community, I hope to have a chance to get to US someday and attend a live meeting )

Name:  078331F2-25B7-4009-BA72-419D3C69467D.jpg
Views: 751
Size:  183.6 KB
Rainfarer is offline   Reply With Quote