View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 09:55 AM   #37
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
Wow, some of you guys are really taking Al's cleverly designed response as total gospel. Im not sure if its a lack of understanding, or just plain refusal to accept the truth. So many questions UN-answered.
If there was a build date cut-off, why doesn't GM recognize it? Why weren't dealers ever informed of this information? Why does the TSB specifically list current 18's including the Camaro? Why are dealers still performing the "FIX" on 18's? If fluid was the root cause, how come there are so many examples of shudder returning? The torque converter you say? Ok, how about the guys who got the flush and a torque converter only to have shudder return again? How about the countless examples of tuner's eliminating shudder permanently? How about the fact that nothing changed fluid wise or internally in the transmissions for 2018, yet Global warranty claims are down dramatically? Ect..Ect..
You guys can believe what you want, but the proof is there. I will circle a few critical areas on my previously posted document, since there still seems to be some confusion on that subject... Once again "EOP"= End of Production.
And where is your proof that a MY18 car has had the issue? Here's an entire thread of MY18s with no reports. We are going into MY19 now, so there's definitely been enough time for a MY18 car to get the issue.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=525175

I'm not arguing the TSB has 18 listed since that's probably someone in legal trying to CYA.

As for the TCM slip removal, again why is that surprising to you? The slip additive was ineffective, and removing the slip values stops the TC from slipping. Makes perfect sense to me, but it's not the root cause because A) not every A8 has the issue. B) these procedures would not fix any car (i.e. like mine which has now been more miles on the new TC than the original when the issue first started occurring).

You can argue about the usefulness and reasons behind the slip values, which I love to hear more about.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote