View Single Post
Old 05-31-2021, 08:09 AM   #39
Big Lebowski

Drives: 022 C8 Z51 Red Mist HTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
Why not break down your shotguns and use shorter cases? It takes less than a minute to put them back together.
Good point. One of them already is broken down, but you are correct it doesn’t take long to break down and reassemble and that’s not a bad idea fro my second one. The issue is getting them, a range bag and shooting vest in the trunk which isn’t happening...but forget bringing a friend (which I used to be able to do in the Vette).

The key is, I enjoy putting the top down to and from my gun club. It’s a nice 40 minute drive with a mix of highway and twisty country roads. The range bag would do ok in the back seat, but I’m not comfortable with the gun cases being visible or exposed while driving with the top down.

Golf clubs aren’t getting in the trunk with the top down, period. I’m going out today and I’ve accepted they will be riding shotgun.

It is what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
I’m a bass player. My basses are as long as most shotguns. Here’s how I pack my Vert for gigs. Everything in the first picture fits, with room for a groupie, ummm...I mean passenger.
Ha ha, Awesome! Gorgeous car.

You are correct, a lot can be stowed in the back seat but as I said above, the key is I enjoy driving to the range with the top down and I’m not comfortable with the gun cases being visible / exposed here in the people’s republic of Illinois. If I left the top up, I could make it work...but that’s not why I have a convertible.

Yes, I want to have my cake and eat it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs1 View Post
I think it's a classic case of...you have too much.

I'm the same. The more I have, the more I want.

I shoot 1000+yard targets and where I have to go for that, my ZL1 ain't making the ride.

400hp taco does though.
That is some serious shooting. My wife has a JL Rubicon but she gets cranky if I borrow it.