View Single Post
Old 04-05-2019, 11:10 PM   #8
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I fail to see what makes these any more of a 'real' performance model than the RS package on a Cruze or a Sonic. Normal engine, some slight tire/suspension tweaks, sporty styling add ons. Near as I can tell, they're the basically the same type of package. Maybe this goes half a step further. But its still far short of a performance model.

Now, if Toyota had done a 400 hp+ turbocharged Camry with a bunch of other stuff then I could see calling it something special & asking for more SS's in the Chevy showroom.

Or, thinking of it in another way ... I don't consider the 1LE Camaros or Grand Sport Corvettes to be performance models. They're great handling packages, no question about it. But not performance models. ZL1, Z/28, Z06, ZR1: those are the performance models.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote