View Single Post
Old 12-20-2018, 08:09 AM   #255
TexasHulkster

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHulkster View Post
Had to take my 2017 RS in for this problem on Monday. The car has 18,350 miles on it. The dealership called this morning and said that they are doing a one-time flush of the transmission fluid, I asked why they were not following the 3-step procedure in SI #156-NA-175. The rep said that in their experience, a one-time flush solves the problem in 75% of cases. Argued about it a bit, and he said that if the problem reoccurred after 350 miles, the plan would be to go head and install a new TCC.

Not too pleased about them not following the SI. Thoughts anyone?
The shop had my car for three days. The service invoice indicated the SI #156-NA-175 service procedure had been performed. Asked the service rep what was actually done - what he told me they would do, or what was on the invoice. He said that they decided to do the SI #156-NA-175 procedure because I had asked about it. He said if they problem comes back after 350 miles, they'll give me a loaner while they replace the torque converter. We'll see.

The problem is gone. I've put about 600 miles on it (in town and highway) so far with no performance issues. It may be my imagination, but it actually seems to be performing better than when I drove it off the lot. Accelerations are much smoother, especially the hard ones. Perhaps it's a Christmas miracle.

Last edited by TexasHulkster; 12-20-2018 at 11:40 AM.
TexasHulkster is offline   Reply With Quote