View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 12:07 AM   #36
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterman View Post
OK, I'm going to think out loud on this one.

I'm thinking Al is a stand up guy.
I would love to hang out at the track with him and play cat and mouse until we've burned 100 gallons of fuel and corded our shoes. Hang out afterwards and sip some fine Kentucky straight bourbon whiskey and share some war stories. Then let our mama's drive us home (I'm blessed, mine can trailer a car or a boat). I'd be stoked on some precious life well spent.

That won't happen, but I'm confident that if any of us were able to do that, we would walk away understanding that it is not personal. It's just business.

Al is living the dream. What a gig! However, he still has to answer to corporate upper management, corporate upper level accountants and corporate upper level attorneys. Pretty much like the rest of us, at whatever level we are on the ladder. If you have worked for a living you get it. I'm almost positive that if it were up to him, that the Camaros we drive would be capable of apex levels of performance (specifically at launch) with all of the nannies off. He and his team are car guy like us, but they still have to pay the bills...like us. Family and kids and mortgages like us.

There are unfortunately way too many variables involved to allow the aforementioned corporate types let that happen. Variables you ask? Let me name just a few; inexperienced and immature kid with a rich daddy that has his own corporate lawyers, street racers, the drunk guy in his new ZL1 that killed his best friend in the passenger seat after an epic launch. On and on. In the litigious society that we live in, you had better believe that someone is gonna lawyer up against Al and Chevrolet and GM.

With that said, the all around performance levels of the G6 ZL1 are unparalleled in the modern pony wars. What we have at our disposal is unprecedented (USA made) in the modern sports car genre, especially when you consider the amount of dollars we spend to access this level of power and performance. When you consider the sh*t that was manufactured by the big three between 1973 and the last 10 years this becomes blatantly obvious. We are living in amazing times my friends.

Bottom line; I have invested way too much money in my ZLE to scatter my gear box or my motor or my diff all over the track/road by doing something irrational or stupid. As are most of us. I am experienced and mature and I don't have a rich daddy with a powerful lawyer in his back pocket. As are most of us. For the record, I am extremely proficient in the operation of a manual transmission. The learning curve here is abbreviated at best. I am extremely disappointed that there will not be a solution or a software flash to remedy the "bog".

On 12/10/17 I expressed these thoughts and asked these questions;

The answer is; no there is no compromise...corporate upper management and attorneys and accountants always win. I get it...I'm good with that.

I'm also OK with Al and Team Camaro.
After reading the above....
End result is my old 2010 2ss M6, 2013 ZL1 M6 launched just fine.
My 2017 ZL1 M6 launch is broken!!
I'm supposed to be happy and write it off to GM politics and lawyers?

Fix the god damn software!!!