View Single Post
Old 04-02-2021, 09:11 PM   #1
Marknbacon

Drives: 2015 camaro SS
Post cam starting issue?

I think it’s probably the battery or alternator starting to take a dump, but I at least wanted to poll you all and see if anyone else had a similar issue.

Full disclaimer: the tune isn’t done yet. I’m having it remote tuned with GPI and Ryan won’t be able to get me another file until early next week (understandable circumstances, they’ve been great to work with)

When I start the car, some times it struggles to turn over, but will start. Here’s what I’ve done to the car: GPI SS2 cam, morel 6504 lifters, BTR dual valve springs w/ steel retainers, new exhaust valves (long story with those... let’s just say this was a learning experience. Yes I lapped them and checked with Prussian Blue before I installed), BTR V2 trunnion kit, new cam sprocket, cam retainer plate and bolts, LS9 head gaskets, lifter trays, gaskets all around including intake, ARP head studs, new gates ac and serpentine belts, and everything was cleaned by yours truly and inspected by a mechanic friend of mine prior to reinstallation, then torqued to the recommended specs, and oil change immediately following before startup (planning on changing again after ~500 miles).

Here’s what I’ve tested:
battery voltage before startup: 12.2
Battery voltage immediately after start 14.5
Battery voltage after 5 seconds of rev @ 1300: 12.6
Voltage on gauge during driving: 12.5-12.6

Anyway, yeah has anyone else experienced this following an extensive cam swap? I know the dual springs take a bit more oomph to compress, but it doesn’t do this every time I start it. Like I said I suspect the battery or alternator.

Thanks I’m advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Marknbacon is offline   Reply With Quote