View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 07:18 PM   #31
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
This thread will be awesome in it's own time whether it's answered now or a month from now. It's just not something to get all worked up about.
Like the gentleman above me said,

this "idea" of a sub-forum was AWESOME and I truly think me and everyone on this forums appreciates the hard work you mods do behind the scenes. Getting this going was also freaking awesome. But this was just honestly a massive let down, period... We are all passionate about the car and when we have serious questions, would love answers from the man(s) himself; this sub-forum was our chance to get the truth we seek. I saw this as the opportunity to come here full of anger because my car XYZ issue, ask Al and get an awesome response as to why my 6th gen doesnt have front facing camera. Leave going "Damn, i never would have thought of that. I'm glad he explained it."....

Instead it genuinely became extremely confusing on getting a question to "win" the CHANCE to get answered, then that question gets submitted, then we wait... If we are lucky we would get 12 questions answered a year.. Seriously? 12? Steve Jobs answered 12 questions a DAY... This was a marketing ploy for them and they quickly got cold feet IMO.

Now add to it the B.S marketing responses I feel we have gotten and now the lack of interaction from the Camaro team. I can honestly say that they aren't answering because they are busy. I find that to be a very weak excuse. No man is every too busy to take 5 minutes out of his day to answer some questions on a board. Not only that, Al has an ENTIRE team working with him. One of those folks can jump in at any time... What I think is going on is

1-They saw the amount of "anger" coming out of these questions. (They probably expected this to be a marketing play and in return got more questions in a anger category than they expected)

2-Have way too much approval process to get a single question answered....

I genuinely believe Al and his team monitor these forums for un-solicited feedback but also to keep tabs on possible issues with the car.

I hope this turns around and Al and his team create an account and just come in here and start answering questions themselves, that would be a real winner.
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote