View Single Post
Old 10-01-2018, 08:20 PM   #11
Drsagacity

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwing View Post
I actually rented a vert so I can try it out after buying the coupe to see if I was missing anything.

And while driving by the beach at under 25 is great and all, driving over 30 throws all kinds of dust and crap in my face, I have the sun beating down on me at red lights, sweating in my seat, I can't hear my music over the sound of other cars and wind. And god help me when I went on the highway, I was fighting insects and dust from the road being kicked up all over my face.

If I ever bought a vert it would definitely be a weekend only car, no way in hell I could daily a vert, just too many obstacles, but that's just my 2 cents.

I'm sure verts are great in the right scenarios and people, it's just not for me.
I would love to see how bugs, dust or anything happen to hit your face when driving. In fact if you have 30 mile per hour winds which are thrown up and over the top of the driver seat so the front seat gets very little wind...buffeting can happen as it swirls from the back to the front..I would love to know how insects made it through the wind tunnel...must have been a ton of bugs.

I was driving on the hwy today talking on Bluetooth....so, it’s safe to say, your experience is unique. If you can’t hear the radio, it’s not loud enough. If you can hear other cars then either:

a. your car isn’t fast enough or
b. your music isn’t loud enough.

I generally have to turn my music down so that I can hear my own car (since it’s bad ass). Driving around town with top off talking on Bluetooth is clear for both sides, which means your impression of noise is interesting.

You are right about the hot sun at a stoplight. That is definitely a first world problem and the struggle is real. Fortunately, we have the tools to address the problem built in. If it’s hot outside, you turn the ac and seat cooler on. If it’s getting cold, heater and seat heater.

If I were daily driving the car, I might agree with you. . .but I don’t...and I didn’t ask if vert owners felt sorry for coupe owners in crappy weather.

2018 Corvette Z06 vert- Black
To be tuned by JRE Racing
TBD performance
Drsagacity is offline   Reply With Quote