View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 01:38 PM   #38
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
Understand - it’s a bit of a drive however, I do like the road trip and that is part of the fun for me.

We do have Eagles Canyon or Cresson for the road course, Denton has drags so that could work.

BG has so much experience in these events, NCM IS a premier track, and it is a great place for the event. I personally like BG as the home of CamaroFest, hope it stays there as I can plan that from now on...
At least we can make it in one day from deep in Texas. Couple years ago I looked hard around Enis and Cresson. Hotel just wasn't playing nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
I enjoyed the location I would prefer the Georgia area but it was not a bad trip. Keeping it in the same location IMHO works better for all involved. The Fbody Gathering was held in the same location for 20 years and it always was a great show.

I will be back next year if it's in BG or south towards Atlanta or East towards Charlotte.
Yes, most have permanent homes for a lot of good reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travislambert View Post
There has to be an enormous amount of work involved in organizing an event like Camaro Fest. By staying in Bowling Green, the organizers don't have to reinvent everything each year. They can leverage their existing contacts and use the time savings to focus on expanding and improving the event.
^^^ exactly. And every single piece is there. No matter where you go something will be missing. We focused hard on autox this year and parking lot with food etc. Next year it will be drag racing after an 80% increase in racers and Car show. I promise it will improve if we stay in one spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo White View Post
Its a family reunion for me now. Lots of family that isnt blood.
Absolutely Bo... wish you could have stayed one more night as Sunday night was a blast this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
Ditto...

-Don