View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 09:33 PM   #275
lightsOUT

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Krypton Green
I agree. We have worked our way in to a dependency with foreign labor. The goods are no longer cheap but we have no comparison so we are forced to go along with it and blindly pay whatever the price. I would hate for it to become like that for cars. I mean my new Ram diesel is built in Mexico but it ain’t in no way cheap. In fact the prices are pretty comparable to the other two diesel trucks in its market but they’re made in the US.

The textile industry is a good example of what I’m talking about. 99% of clothing was made in the USA up through the 1970’s. All facets of garrment manufacturing were done in the states. The only clothes that weren’t made here came from Italy or France and were considered exotic and therefore desirable. Most of the garment manufacturing was unionized. Most of the garment industry in an effort to be more competitive shut down its union shops and moved south to reopen non-union. That still didn’t seem to be enough so almost overnight the garment manufacturing industry moved outside the US. Now as we all know 99% of clothes are made outside the US. Problem is.... the clothes aren’t really cheap are they? Today I had on a pair of Levi’s, $55..... I had on an under armor t-shirt, $25.... an under armor 1/4 zip, $60.... Nike socks, $6.... Nike sneakers $95

I don’t call any of that cheap but you’re right they were all made by a 9 year old Chinese kid. But we gotta pay Colin Kappernick somehow since he’s unemployed and all.
lightsOUT is offline   Reply With Quote