View Single Post
Old 05-30-2019, 10:01 AM   #25
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
If GM had infinite development money, they could do all of everything they want. But they don't, so they have to pick and choose based on what they think will yield the greatest return on that investment. These days, thats most likely going to be a crossover instead of a sedan or an SUV.

Bronco isn't on sale yet. And yes, lots of people are fawning over the idea of it. How many are going to back that up & actually buy one? Lots of people wanted to see the Ranger come back too. But sales so far have been pretty mediocre.

4Runner does well, but not spectacularly. Rav4 outsells it around 3 to one, Highlander not quite 2:1.

Jeep only makes 1 BOF SUV, the Wrangler. And it does very well. But most of what they sell is FWD crossovers. Compass, Renegade, Cherokee ... all crossovers. The Grand Cherokee is unibody, but RWD. So its neither a crossover nor a body on frame SUV.
This is Chevy’s 5th crossover. I’m not saying to not have any crossovers. I’m asking if it’s necessary to have yet another generic crossover. The initial reactions I’ve seen range from I thought the Blazer was already out to this isn’t the Trailblazer and wow it’s ugly.

Sure, the Bronco might not sell. It could be a total flop but Ford must think there is a market for it. As for the Ranger, the reviews I’ve read are hit or miss.

And isn’t there already a body on frame Trailblazer being sold? Why can’t they just bring it over, like they did the Colorado?