View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 02:58 AM   #239
sir5er

Drives: 2SS 2010 Camaro, 2007 Acura TL
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie2 View Post
I've read the threads about grinding when backing up and the brake rust. But my wifes 2SS/A6 only does it when the wheels are turned sharp.

It doesn't do it if she backs up straight. And, it doesn't do it when I'm standing outside listening.

She has, on a couple of occassions heard it when turning the wheels sharply and going forward. (Like getting out of a parallel parking spot.)

She took it to the dealer and of course - they couldn't find anything wrong.

She can't tell if the "grinding" is coming from the front or rear or middle. It's just coming from under the car.

I'd believe the brake rust, but...
* It won't do it unless the wheels are turned sharply.
* It will do it even if only parked for a few minutes. (Not just when parked overnight.)

Any ideas?
Hi, I came across your post concerning your wife's problem with her backing up and turning sharp and having the grinding noise. The exact same thing has ALWAYS happened from day one with my 2SS. I got mine in May 2009. I had one of the mechanics at the dealer drive with me so I could let him hear it because they were unable to make it make the grinding noise themselves. Funny how that happens right? When he heard it he was puzzled. He said it sounded like the ABS but why would the ABS do that when there's no conditions to make the ABS come on? All he told me was that they can't fix what's not broke and that was the end of it. Well, I have a whole slew of issues with my car that I have just let go and I figure I'd better get them all taken care of right now. As I said I got my car in May 09 but I only have 11,000 miles on it. She's never seen rain or snow. So what ever did happen in your situation? Did she get it fixed or are you just dealing with it like I have all of this time?
sir5er is offline   Reply With Quote