View Single Post
Old 12-23-2015, 12:26 PM   #4
Demon War Horse
War Horse Pilot

Drives: 2017 NFG 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by markgws6 View Post
The Goodyears are purpose made "summer" tires for sticking to a track or road course. Their tread life is horrid as a result of the soft sticky compound. Don't expect any more than 8-12K miles of "street legal" tread. Your shop owner is probably being on the careful side... Pics would help us to see what kind of wear you have and if you need more or less pressure in them, etc. Hopefully you are already aware not to drive on these in colder temps (below 40 degrees.)
Yea, staying in the garage at 40 or below. They were like hockey pucks already in the 50s.

Running 33-35psi in all 4 full time. They heat up to maybe 36-37. Wil try to get a shot of the tread tonight. They still look fine to me. But I also stay out of the wet.

Got completely sideways in 2nd the other day unintentionally (55* day) and spinning was much more easy below 70*. But I never intentionally try to peel out, but in the summer they really hooked well for spirited quick light takeoffs that were not full throttle.

Still love the design and the looks of them though.

SigPic by Hazman
Demon War Horse is offline   Reply With Quote