View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 08:28 PM   #7
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
So I've done a lot of research on the subject of a sports bike for a daily driver (commuter).

I don't want a cruiser or anything like that, I definitely want a sports bike.

So a bit of background to help.

I've landed a very well paying job, that will end up being 40 miles driving daily (to and from work, 20 each way) with about 16 miles highway each way of course.

So... nothing wrong with the Camaro, but I don't want to put that many miles on my car and gas will get annoying to fill up once a week. Right now my commute is less than 10 miles both ways, so the Camaro is the daily driver for sure.

Now as far as the bike goes. I'm stuck between a Yamaha R3 (300cc) or maybe even a Kawasaki Ninja 250r. I really just want a great commuter that will give me excellent mpg on the highway.

After doing the math, the bike will help pay itself off after a couple of years, but I'm just more concerned with putting SO MANY MILES on my Camaro, I mean 100 miles a week just for work, let alone what I drive on weekends could easily be like 20,000 miles a year.

Any thoughts or opinions on a 250cc vs a 300cc on the highway? I don't wanna go fast, I just want to feel cool on a small sports bike that nets me 60mpg at highway speeds.
Go with the R3 . You'll have plenty of HP for what you're looking for . I've been riding for 30yrs now. I also have a Gixxer 750 . I started on a Honda VF500. Road that bike for a long time. Either bike is great for a beginner and perfect for learning on. Also if you ever get board they race these bike in WERA .