View Single Post
Old 05-15-2020, 12:01 PM   #38704
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Oh yeah, I remember seeing pics of this truck. Veeeeery nice.

Yeah, the truck in many ways is in good shape for it's age. My dad was a mechanic as was my hubby, and my sister's hubby too who cared for it while it sat at my parents old house while dad was in assisted living for 5 years. But like I said, we need reliability. Mike is scared for me to drive it more than just around town. He had a Yukon of the same generation that died on us several years ago in the middle of Smoky Mountains National park with fuel pump failure. Little reception, had to walk to call a tow truck then got towed to Deliverance country. The good Ol' boys took care of it but not a good experience. That was just one of the issues we had with it. There are a number of other known issues with these trucks as well. Additionally, it is hard to maneuver and we are not as good at backing it like we used to be. We need something with all the bells & whistles like front & rear sensors, side warnings, back-up cameras, accident avoidance braking, etc. AND easier to get in & out of but still 4WD. We will likely wait for a while until we are well past my surgery & all this COVID crap to do anything.