View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 07:20 AM   #39
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcePick06 View Post
Thanks Brandon, here is a quick update and maybe you can follow up on this thread so that all of us on C5 can know what's going:

I picked up my car yesterday (Friday) after the dealership had it all week long. The service tech called me and said that they took a look at the 4 ZL1's they had on the showroom floor and started them up and the head service tech for the ZR1's & ZL1's definitely said that my blower had a problem and needed to be replaced. So they were going to order the part from the LA warehouse or from back east and it was a 2 day install. Well the service tech said that after further analysis and calling GM they talked to some engineers at the head plant as well as the service area manager for Chevy and apparently GM is aware of the problem on some of these TVS 1900 Blowers on our ZL1's. Rather than replace my defective blower with parts off the shelf that may also be defective, GM is currently working on a solution for a new part that should be installed. I'm not sure if this will justify a full blown recall (maybe Brandon can update us with this info), but bottom line is they are working on the situation.

They released the car to me after talking with the engineers who said it's fine to drive the way it is (just don't do any drag racing ). Anyway, I'm glad to have the car back, but kinda bummed that the issue still isn't resolved after being without the car a whole week
We certainly apologize for any frustrations. We do not have any information in regards to any recalls regarding this situation as each vehicle concern is treated on a case by case basis.

At this point, the best thing to do is to let me know when they get this resolved for you.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service