View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 11:34 AM   #6005
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Seeing some early Ranger reviews pop up. General consensus is that it is competitive if not class leading in most categories.

The Colorado refresh and/or 3rd gen should be very interesting within the next few years. Are they going to skip the MCE?
I can't imagine why they would skip an MCE on the GM mid-size twins especially when a nice new player is in town. If they do, the only reasons I can come up with are that they figure the trucks are still selling well enough, that there is no reason to do an MCE and just wait a few more years for a new generation....OR its not worth the investment to do an MCE. Either seems strange to me, in this day in age when almost everything gets an update every 3 - 4 years and a new gen every 6 - 8 years.

I like the Ranger. But not really much if any more than the Colorado/Canyon. The Ranger is likely overall class leading at this point, but not by much. An interior/exterior update alone would put it basically even with the Ranger and if they go a step further and make the 2.7 an option I think that makes the GM twins a leader again. They say the Ranger rides nice, but I doubt its much if any better than the GM trucks. One review I read was praising it against the Tacoma, but nothing in regards against the Colorado/Canyon.