View Single Post
Old 11-18-2021, 05:27 PM   #103
Malbjey

Drives: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0dnar View Post
Then stop pretending GM's average V6 is some performance engine in a performance platform. It's an underpowered engine in an heavy platform. Any modern performance car with 6-cylinders either uses twin turbos, a supercharger, or Porsche tuning. GM shoved a run of the mill V6 into a fast looking body so posers can pretend they have a performance car. It doesn't sound good, it doesn't pull from outside it's limited rev range, and it's terrible in a car to go grand touring in.

It is good for idiot E2's to buy at 30% interest rate with their fresh military paychecks though.
Why would GM make a boosted 6 cylinder Camaro, when it would clearly step on the toes of the SS? Their turbo 6 in the CT4-V Blackwing makes more power than an SS.

Why do you think I specified N/A V6? Name another manufacturer, besides Porsche, that makes a better N/A 6 cylinder engine today. And guess what--Porsche charges you 70K+ for a turbo 4, and 87K+ for an N/A 6 cylinder.

The engine isn't the only determination of a performance car. Lotus uses 4 and 6 cylinder Toyota engines in their cars. Does Lotus not make performance cars?

Chassis? The Camaro absolutely has a performance car chassis, regardless if you're talking I4 or V8. When GM can slap on some extra suspension, wheels and cooling to a basic V6 Camaro and embarrass other modern performance cars, don't come here with some bullshit about the chassis being too heavy or engine being too slow. Come the **** on.

Again, you have some inflated idea of what a performance car is. What is your baseline for a performance car? You haven't even said that. I bet you don't even have a baseline. Your argument so far has been 'anything but a V6 Camaro.'

You said performance is a moving target. Fine. The modern I4/V6 Camaros are still faster and will still out-handle the vast majority of cars on the road, including a Malibu V6, or whatever dumb shit you think is comparable.

This is especially true when compared to cars in their price range. Just because a car is built to cost doesn't mean it's not a performance car.

Anyway I'm done with your stupidity.
Malbjey is offline   Reply With Quote