View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 08:40 AM   #29
purpleRac3r

Drives: 1974 & 2014 Corvette Stingrays
Kochaloch, for me the reason was mostly maintenance costs down the road. There are many sensors that are part of the mag rude system, any of which when failing will cause all kinds of headaches. While not an issue during the warranty period, I plan to keep my Stingray for a loooong time (I've had my '74 Stingray for over 20 years!). Friends of mine have had to replace the mag shocks and they run around $1000 EACH. You can get full race-capable, rebuildable, adjustable suspensions for price of a set of mag shocks. Also, if anything in the mag ride system fails, the computers drastically limit top speed and other performance items until the system is repaired, as a safety feature.

As for messing up for not getting mag ride, I wouldn't say that. Its as much a personal preference as anything. One could say the same for people who didn't get Z51 in the first place. Or the carbon top. Or competition seats. Or etc.
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

purpleRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote