Thread: zl1 vs demon
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2018, 10:13 AM   #8
BlueSteel07

Drives: Nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Demons are slow. They're barely quicker than Hellcats if at all in the hands of most drivers. If that ZL1 is mostly stock/bolt ons and drag pack and gapping the Demon that bad then it's bad news for SRT boys. But I'm already sick of people throwing around the Demon name like it's actually a competitive car. It's a 4400 pound WHALE that makes 800 HP and only makes more under very specific circumstances. All of the drag features it has are hard to use and only work well at the drag strip. Launch Control sucks, people are getting 3.6 seconds, 3.9 seconds and the like on the street. All and all, it's just slow. Now we just have to find a way to get it disqualified from the record books. 9.6, 2.3 second 0-60, my ass.
Some owners have ran high 9's and trapped 136 mph with the Race Gas tune and others have recorded 0-60 in 2.3 seconds at the track, so I wouldn't necessarily call them slow. I thought I saw in the Comments on youtube that the Camaro made about 720 rwhp. If that's true, I can see why it won as it has similar horsepower but likely at least 500 lbs lighter as the Demon had a passenger. It's also possible that the Demon was spinning quite a bit?
BlueSteel07 is offline   Reply With Quote