View Single Post
Old 05-15-2016, 01:43 PM   #24
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightingforair View Post
Soooo ... I've had my 2016 Z51 with A8 for a while now so I thought I'd go ahead and post up. I've had zero overheating problems so far. Shifts are the smoothest I've ever had in any auto trans car and are super fast at WOT. Crossing my fingers that things continue this way.
The trans works great on public roads but if you take your car to a high performance driving event, particularly if it is at a race track with some long straights and then some really tight corners, you may find if you drive the car at its limits, the transmission will overheat before you complete your allotted time on the track. Lot of posts on on this topis here and a lot of good fixes are available now. I don't know of anyone having problems on public roads but the full throttle to full brake to full throttle on a race track, trans only lasts 15 to 20 minutes.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote