View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 11:21 PM   #18
noname

Drives: 3LT Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleRac3r View Post
The Z06 trans cooler will fit behind the Stingray fascia with no mods to the bodywork, according to GM statements about possible Z06 Performance Parts upgrades for Stingrays (theze upgrades also include brakes, suspension and more). Also, the Z06 fender-top ducts flow 35% more air than the Stingray pieces all by themselves. These upgrades might help some of you out.
The top ducts do seem to be more "scoopy" (not a word, I know) forcing more air in. I would love to put those on my car. It was my understanding that the z06 trans cooler is larger (and so is the z06 fascia) and so it won't fit in a non-z06.
I'm taking the car to the dealer so we'll see what he says.
I'm hoping that it's just a faulty sensor or that the fluid is burnt/ineffective and changing the fluids will make everything better. I've tracked the car several times without incident, but now literally 18 minutes is all I have in a session and then like clock work it'll go into limp mode.

As far as paddle shifting, all I can tell you is that at the Ron Fellows Driving School they made all the autos paddle shift because they said that if you didn't it would overheat the engine. I don't have any proof of that. I do know that, at least the way I drive, the auto shifts way more than I do.
noname is offline   Reply With Quote