View Single Post
Old 11-20-2021, 09:31 AM   #24
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
I wouldn’t take Andy Palmer’s perspective based on the production —> lifecycle example of one vehicle to draw a conclusion that 100,000 miles is the break even for all EVs. I’d say that he was a bit heavy handed in the example he chose. As BEVs mature, the processes to produce them will also become more efficient. Both GM and Ford are focused on the plants that will produce their BEVs being carbon neutral. Much different than the Volvo example Palmer uses. Let’s think about it for a minute…Andy Palmer talks about the payback period of an electric vehicle. And what is he doing now? Head of a company that produces what? Electric buses.

This is the guidance I give most of my clients when we discuss the impact electrification will have on their businesses. There will be some ICE vehicles around for at least the next couple decades because BEVs don’t cover all uses cases. For the use cases they do cover they are much more efficient than an ICE, but for the ones where they are not well suited, ICE will stick around, but at much lower volumes.
Carbon neutral? Offsetting what?

John Kerry’s private jet is carbon neutral.
Quote:
“If you offset your carbon, it's the only choice for somebody like me…”

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 11-20-2021 at 09:47 AM.
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote