View Single Post
Old 11-19-2021, 02:13 PM   #17
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
I personally do not want an EV right now. I would need to see their range increase dramatically, or their recharge times to decrease dramatically before I could justify owning one.

I do think they are more efficient the ICE, but they can only be used effectively in a very limited slew of applications and so many people who are promoting EV's ignoring the fact that people make car buying choices for ALL factors of their driving, not just the 80% of traveling too / from work, all factors are equally important and vehicle owners should not be criticized for making decisions to conviniently satisfy all needs rather than trying to tailor their needs to satisfy a car's functionality. I personally can drive very long distances without rest, an EV would not be able to achieve this.

Either way, this sh!t show is coming and probably sooner than we think. I'm very worried about it. I really hate that so much propaganda is being enforced to making people actually believe they're stopping climate change, that they're saving the ecosystem, or that they're actually better people than people who choose not to change, just because they own an EV.. ..the construction of an EV outputs just as much Co2 as an ICE vehicle over an 8 year period. Thats ALOT of Co2 over a single point of time, how are we stopping climate change by doing that? We're not... We -can't- stop climate change in a world populating over 6 billion people. Another thing is, as much as propaganda would love to have us all believe, cars are NOT the largest Co2 contributors on the planet. You know what are? developing nations! They have very little in the way of emissions restrictions and they also need one very important massive Co2 contributing resource, you know what that is? Concrete.. Another major Co2 contributor is agriculture, especially rice farms. They destroy large areas of forestry (which reduces Co2) and also contribute largely to the problem.

For getting around town, EV's do outperform comparable ICE vehicles. As long as your duties can be performed within a period or range of a full charge negating the need to recharge. Also unlike ICE vehicles, they are not solely reliant on fossil fuels for their method of recharging (although much of our power grid is still heavily reliant on them) - although expensive, one could install a Tesla Solar Roof and Power Wall, remaining independent of the grid and recharge their vehicle as well.

Either way, its massive propaganda... unfortunately much of our society won't realize what a terrible mistake this was until its too late.. ..enjoy these moments while you can folks..
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote