View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 11:29 PM   #14
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan View Post
Wish I was so lucky to call myself a classic Stingray owner.

Questions for you owners:

What's your feeling on the C7 Corvette being called the "Stingray"? Does it pay good homage to your classic Stingray, or is it sacrilege?

How do you guys like GM designer's modern interpretation on the original Stingray design?
OK, I am going to be very, very biased here. I have owned several different generations. C2's - C3's & C5's but the 1967 was my favorite year of all time. The midyears just have a truly timeless design and the 67 was the most polished year of the five Sting Ray years. I do believe that the Sting Ray is a very revered name that should not be attached to just any Corvette. From everything that I have read on this car so far, it seems that it has earned it's Stingray badge. I am hoping the reality is as strong as the hype. There has been so much talk about the new Vette not having round tail lights. Maybe people do not remember or never owned one, but older Corvettes squeaked and moaned and have none of the sophistication of newer models. They also did not keep the original 7" headlights of the original C1's or the drum brakes of the C2's. Technology moves on and improves the the entire line of Corvettes and other models as well. If the reality of the 2014 Vette turns out to be as good as how it has been portrayed, then in my opinion it has earned the name STINGRAY. I am looking forward to parking a C7 next to my C2 and having two Sting Rays in the garage.
OldJedi is offline   Reply With Quote