View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 09:11 AM   #35
HeadlightArmor

Drives: Company Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turftigr View Post
Has anyone had Xpel Ultimate installed on a dark C7. I had the entire hood, front fenders, front bumper, door handle pockets, behind rear wheels, as well as mirror fronts, headlights and spoiler on my NRB vert. My concern is a certain amount of dust particles under the film. The installer said you will always have some but I am a little concerned. I was just wondering what others have seen. It's not terrible but it still bothers me. I realize that if I have him redo the hood it may be worse. Thanks John
We have never seen a 'perfect' clear bra install. It is there to protect the paint. Get up close enough and you will see 'something' dust, lint fiber, adhesive disturbances, etc. Stand 8-10 feet back and all you should see is a clean chip free car. Five years later it will still look that way. Without the material, well no, chip city...

When to get it done? The sooner the better. Will pay for itself over the long haul.

3M has a new Pro Series Scotchgard material - that is the one to go with. very clear and backed by a 7 year national warranty, and is self healing. minor scratches to the polymer top coat flatten out with the heat of sitting in the sun or the application of hot water.

find a certified installer on 3M's site here
Where to Buy 3M
HeadlightArmor is offline   Reply With Quote